Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Chalkboard Ideas

I'm looking for a place to hang or paint a chalkboard in the classroom. Any ideas? We were going to hang cabinets above our square cubbies, but realized that it just didn't look right. So, now I'm thinking about hanging a picture frame on that wall and painting the wall inside of it with chalkboard paint. Another option would be to chalk-paint a lightweight board to fit inside the picture frame for a smoother surface.

I realize that the space looks a bit out of sorts, but it really is functional. The aqua baskets (from Wal-Mart) inside the cubbies (Ikea) are for our library books; one for each child and one for "returns." Each basket has a label on the front and handles on each side that makes them easy to pull out.

1 comment:

  1. I love your inperfection!!! I promise that is a compliment. So many bloggers have everything just so... and mine is more like yours. It's all clean,put the shelves are full and brimming!! Love it, because it is real and I can relate to it !!!!!

    ReplyDelete